Re: Install packages automatically based on the detected hardware

> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>> Would you like to have gtkpod installed automatically if an ipod is in
>> the machine?  Or 915resolution if your video card is supported by it?
>> Or perhaps mpt-status if your RAID controller uses the mptscshih
>> kernel module?  Until yesterday, this was not possible in Debian.  Now
>> it is.

To include a hot topic in this lets mention non-free firmware here.

With firmware files being split out into seperate debs there should be
a trivial way to get all the needed firmware installed. Sounds like
this would be right up this alley too.

There should be a slimmed down version that outputs udebs the D-I will
need for the hardware and a full version for debs.

MfG
        Goswin