Re: potential mass bug filing: sysvinit dependency

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> [2006.09.05.1614 +0200]:
> > invoke-rc.d is a maintainer script compatibility layer to
> > interface to the initscript subsystem (that happens to guarantee
> > some functionality that some initscript subsystems don't provide
> > natively while at it).
> >
> > If that layer doesn't allow for everything we need, then it is
> > time to revise it, of course.  Just like it is well past time to
> > fix the update-rc.d crap.
>
> I am going to retreat now to my cave and ponder on how this could be
> done. Need to understand upstart better.
>
> I appreciate anyone interested in helping out. Co-maintainers more
> than welcome!

You're always welcome to use the init-ng alioth project to discuss ideas and
do upstart development, you know.  It is completely on-topic there.

I'd very much like to see runit and upstart being easily deployable in
Debian *and* usable to their full capabilities.

  Henrique Holschuh