potential mass bug filing: sysvinit dependency

Hi DDs,

I am trying to get Scott's upstart daemon into Debian [0][1][2].
It's an alternative to sysvinit, but there's still quite a bunch of
packages which depend on sysvinit. These dependencies were introduced a while
back to work around an invoke-rc.d issue, and from all I can tell, they are
legacy/obsolete now.

0. http://www.netsplit.com/blog/work/canonical/upstart.hml
1. http://www.netsplit.com/blog/work/canonical/upstart2.html
2. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReplacementInit

Here is the list of packages that depend on sysvinit. For packages
marked with (*), I already have the maintainers' consent.

  sysv-rc-conf
  powertweak-extra (*)
  nis (*)
  nfs-kernel-server
  nfs-common
  modutils
  lm-sensors
  kbd
  genpower
  console-tools
  bluez-utils

I would like to file (normal) bugs to ask the maintainer to remove
the dependency, and per our Developers' Reference 7.1.1 I am
soliciting comments.

If there are cases when the dependency cannot be removed, we ought
to consider introducing a new virtual package for init daemons.

Thanks for any comments.

NP: Explosions in the Sky / The Earth is not a Cold Dead Place