Re: claiming bugs, BTS delay, planning BSPs

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > the best would be to use a dedicated tracker... it might be the time
> > to try to use the result of Arnaud's summer of code: the
> > "Distribution wide tracker tool", codenamed "Working together made
> > easy". :-)
> >
> > http://netu.naquadah.org:8080/
>
> seems nice, but very slow, not considerably faster than the BTS e.g.
>
> http://netu.naquadah.org:8080/tracker/python24 takes 15.576s to be
> generated, the same page on the bts is twice as fast to show up.

I think that coordinating a BSP with a delay of only 15 seconds is good
enough ;-)

What madduck was refering to, was more that the time between when you send
the mail to control@bugs.debian.org to usertag a bug and the time when
people wil notice on the corresponding BTS web page, is in the amount of
~15 minutes (between two control@b.d.o run).

(And like Arnaud told, he has been working on improving performances which
mainly required to replace sqlite by postgresql)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog