Re: Update: status of inetd

On Aug 28, Roger Leigh <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org> wrote:

> 1) Split out update-inetd from netbase into a new "inetd" package.
No, because e.g. xinetd needs a totally different update-inetd program.
It's simpler if each inetd package will ship its own update-inetd.

> 3) All update-inetd users need to depend on inetd instead of/in
>    addition to netbase.  The complete list is:
Packages depend on netbase for many reasons, not just because they want
an inetd. See my other message for details.
In the other cases there is no hurry to remove the dependency.

--
ciao,
Marco