Re: Running x86-64 debian inside i386 pbuilder on AMD64

On 10756 March 1977, Sander Marechal wrote:

> Nope, I run a K7 kernel now (Ubuntu dapper). Can I simply replace my
> kernel and leave the rest of my system in tact? I don't see AMD64 kernel
> images in Synaptic. Probably a silly question, but who knows :-)

You need to run dpkg with the right --force option to install a 64bit
kernel with the "wrong" arch amd64 on your system. Works perfectly nice,
but you should be sure your cpu is really able to run it, or next reboot
doesnt get far.

--
bye Joerg
<Christian> bignachos: the famous pornview maintainer?