Re: glibc and UNACCEPTs

Hello!

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:51:56 +0200, David Nusinow wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:30:07PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>> Drew Parsons wrote:
>>> Unfortunately it's happened against, this time with the upload of
>>> xorg-server (xserver-xorg-core) 1:1.1.1-3, accidentally uploaded
>>> to unstable instead of experimental.  An easy enough mistake, it's
>>> only one little field in a changelog file.
>>
>> '2:' is not any worse than '1:', so I don't see why this is any
>> worse than any other bug that upload could have introduced. Upload
>> again with a new epoch, problem solved.
>
> This is what I'd consider the appropriate fix. Just do another
> upload straight away and you don't even need to bother an
> ftpmaster. It's what I would have done if I'd been awake.

Well, the problem is that with my daily `apt-get update && apt-get
upgrade` I got (again) the xserver-xorg from unstable, ending up with
some X.Org packages from unstable and some from experimental, which
AFAIK isn't a good thing :-(

=====
luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg xserver-xorg:
  Installed: 1:7.0.23
  Candidate: 1:7.0.23
  Version table:
 *** 1:7.0.23 0
        990 http://ftp.ch.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:7.0.22 0
        500 http://ftp.ch.debian.org testing/main Packages

luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-core:
  Installed: 2:1.0.2-10
  Candidate: 2:1.0.2-10
  Version table:
 *** 2:1.0.2-10 0
        990 http://ftp.ch.debian.org unstable/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:1.1.1-2 0
          1 http://ftp.ch.debian.org experimental/main Packages
     1:1.0.2-9 0
        500 http://ftp.ch.debian.org testing/main Packages

luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-input-mouse xserver-xorg-input-mouse:
  Installed: 1:1.1.1-2
  Candidate: 1:1.1.1-2
  Version table:
 *** 1:1.1.1-2 0
          1 http://ftp.ch.debian.org experimental/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1:1.0.4-3 0
        500 http://ftp.ch.debian.org testing/main Packages
        990 http://ftp.ch.debian.org unstable/main Packages

luca@gismo:~$ apt-cache policy xserver-xorg-video-v4l xserver-xorg-video-v4l:
  Installed: 0.1.1-1
  Candidate: 0.1.1-1
  Version table:
 *** 0.1.1-1 0
          1 http://ftp.ch.debian.org experimental/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     0.0.1.5-1 0
        500 http://ftp.ch.debian.org testing/main Packages
        990 http://ftp.ch.debian.org unstable/main Packages

luca@gismo:~$
=====

I don't think it's my fault (not having preserved xserver-xorg-core
From an upgrade), but in case of just disregard this post.  If it's
not my fault, however, I think we need a new package in
experimental...

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca