Re: New desktop features provided by new version of update-notifier

Em Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:31:50 +0200
Michal Politowski <mpol@charybda.icm.edu.pl> escreveu:

> On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:29:13 -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> [...]
> > a Ubuntu CD; I patched the program to also look for Debian CDs, and
> > to avoid messing with translations, the messages have Ubuntu
> > replaced by Debian in runtime, after the translation is got from
> > gettext if the CD that was inserted is a Debian CD.
>
> Too bad this hack is not going to work in many languages (yes, Polish
> is one of them).
> Ever heard of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declension ?

Never heard of it by this name, but I knew it to exist. Unfortunately I
didn't remember that while trying to avoid work duplication, sorry.

That problem has been pointed out to me at debian-desktop as well, I'll
change the way I handle this.

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>