Re: cdrtools

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 01:04:41PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > If you like to discuss the GPL with other people, it is irrelevent whether
> > you know it "by heart" in case you did not understand it yet...

> If everybody else interprets it significantly different from you, isn't
> it more likely that *you* do not understand it?

As you seem to be unable to prove _your_ claims by _correctly_ quoting
the GPL, it is obvious that _you_ did not understand the GPL or that
you prefer to bend the GPL to your wishes.

I am still in hope that there are people at Debian who are able to
understand license issues without bending things the way they like but
by correctly following the words in the license text.

	My software is definitely free and has no license problems.

If people from Debian continue to publish untenable assertions on my software,
it is obvious that those people from Debian are only interested in a
calumniation campaign aganst me.

Note that this makes Debian incredible. If it is impossible to find
a reasonable person at Debian, I will need to inform other people about the
problems in the Debian project. The way _you_ and other people from Debian
currently act, makes Debian a definitely non-free project :-(

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)