Re: Translated packages descriptions progress

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 06:55:19PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> On 07/30/2006 03:26 AM, Michael Vogt wrote:
> > Dear Friends,
>
> Hi Michael,

Hi

> > the current version of apt in debian/experimental has support for
> > translated package descriptions and we have a the current translations
> > available for sid on the mirrors (currently not on ftp.debian.org
> > itself because of the mirror split I suspect).
>
> 	In a couple of mirrors that I checked, the translations look
> a little bit out-of-date (from May.2006), is this expected and for
> now the idea is just have it for tests, or we will have it being
> update automagically (which would be wonderful). :-)

Yes, yesterday I see the out-of-date files too. The problem ist a
broken cronjob on ddtp.debian.net. sorry

I will check and fix this.

> > Please help testing the new code and report problems and/or
> > success. It should be enough to install apt, python-apt, synaptic from
> > experimental and if your LANG is set to something other than C it
> > should download the appropriate translation indexes and displays them
> > with apt-cache or synaptic (warning: not everything is translated
> > yet).
>
> 	It is already based on the recent work of Michael Bramer (grisu)?

I don't work on apt and co. This work is based on otavio's work.

But the running ddtp-server is my work. But only for the next months.
We like to switch the ddtp as part of the new i18n-framework.

> 	I have a few doubts, because I would like to ask the Brazilian
> Portuguese Team to start working on it again, so here they go:
>
> 	The review process is the same?

no. the currend ddtp-server don't support the review process, sorry.

> 	There are also "coordinators" with special commands to the
> 	pdesc server? (At least for Brazilian team, we will need to
> 	update that address).
>
> 	Is there anything else that we could do to help DDTP?

dito. The server don't know all the special commands from the old
ddtp-server yet. sorry. No 'help', no 'admin', no 'review' etc.

But I like to add some of them. But we should concentrate on the work
of the i18n framework.

> 	We exchange a lot of ideas about the DDTP during DebConf6,
> we also tried to add this as a "pet release goal" for etch, but for
> quite a while now, there were no news, thanks for this report. :-)

yes. But all the ideas about the DDTP during DebConf6, are ideas about
the new i18n framework.

I hope we can test the new apt version and can get this version to sid
and after some days to testing.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -- http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.