Re: lilypond and python

Em Tue, 25 Jul 2006 16:53:47 -0700
Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> escreveu:

> As I have said multiple times, lilypond now requires python 2.4 to
> work correctly.
>
> You're telling me that if I "use debian/pyversions" and the rest of
> that, whatever it is, then lilypond scripts and user code which
> depends on python 2.4 will automagically get it even though it uses #!
> on ordinary "python"?  This sounds like it's what you're saying, but I
> find it hard to see how that could be what's happening.

yes, that's true; and I and many more people have stated and restated
so in this thread; even if it didn't, nothing was blocking you from
going ahead and doing it by hand.

> Maybe you don't understand what we're talking about here?

Maybe you don't?

I agree with you that the delay in having python2.4 become the default
has no good reasoning, but then again, it seems like you're just
trolling away. I even gave you two packages for you to look at as
examples...

Also, please do not CC me, I'm reading the list =).

Thanks,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
http://people.debian.org/~kov/