Re: lilypond and python

Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> writes:

> it has been said numerous time, that you just need to sed the shebang of
> those scripts, such modifications are often used in python packaging,
> and is easy to do.

Right, the question is whether this is a long-term change or a
short-term change?

> would you have tried to do it, a new lilypond would already been in the
> archive, instead of 10 new mails on debian-devel.

And golly gee, would have been on Saturday if not for the fact that my
network access died in the heat, and I'm now in the midst of the next
week's work in a busy life.

So the question is, will the python team make the change in time, or
not?  If the answer is "yes", then there is no reason for me to do
extra work.  If the answer is "no", then there is no reason for me not
to do the workaround as soon as practicable.

For months now, the answer has been, oh, wait, there has been no
answer, no guess, no prognostication, no "this is our plan and we've
done this much of it", not even a reply that says, "I'm sorry, I just
don't know".

And now, for me who have been upset about this for months, wondering
why the python team cannot bother to answer a very simple question
which (as I said months ago) would help me plan my work, it is obscene
that you pretend that I've been the intransigent one.

Now, how much more of this, to avoid the courtesy of a five minute
reply on the actual topic?

Thomas