Re: lilypond and python

Le mer 26 juillet 2006 01:22, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
> Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:
> > You could just add an explicit dependency on python2.4 and do a
> > s/python/python2.4/ over lilypond.
>
> So, will the python change happen?
>
> Maybe instead of beating me up for not knowing what is the best use
> of my time, the python team could be encouraged to bother
> communicating teeny bits of information?

your mails are a marvelous proof of bad faith. if you want to enforce
your package to use python2.4 for some (apparently borken — but I
didn't bothered to check) reason, you just need (either through
debian/pyversions + pysupport or XS-Python-Version through pycentral)
ask for a 2.4+ python version.

just trust the tools for the rest, and please, stop trolling. lilypond
is in a bad shape (see the very good remarks Loïc made you earlier,
there is many basic errors or packaging) and I'm not sure the debian
python crew is responsible for that part.

At least, please accept patch that I know some people are willing to
give, but that you blindly refuse, from your ivory tower.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit