Re: lilypond and python

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 01:56:26AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Loïc Minier <lool+debian@via.ecp.fr> writes:

> >  This would only fix problems in experimental, lilypond is currently not
> >  releasable, so imaginating that the Python switch would not happen, we
> >  would end up without lilypond.

> In my opinion, the current lilypond in Debian is not suitable for
> release, even with the existing problems solved.  It would not be
> appropriate to release such an old version in etch, and if nothing
> happens with python by the time etch is released, then lilypond should
> be removed from etch.

Have you told the maintainers of alml and songwrite (reverse-depends of
lilypond) about this?  It wouldn't be fair to them to find out at the last
minute before the etch release that their packages won't be releasable
because lilypond wasn't ready, when they might have been able to do
something to help if they had known earlier.