Re: cdrtools

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 10:10:29AM +0200, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> wrote:
> Last time I checked (and it was after Gerv's post), the relicensing changes
> were still not applied to the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH. Things seem to have
> changed, but that needs some checking. I took some random files to check
> and found out files that are not tri-licensed in the trunk, so... *sigh*

After a slightly closer look, it seems most of the code is actually
tri-licensed, even in the Firefox 2 branch. Strangely enough, while the
vast majority of the code is under MPL/GPL/LGPL, some of it is under
NPL/GPL/LGPL. That doesn't change much for us, but it's still strange.
Still a lot of files don't have a license text at all, including
examples and test source code.
Some examples and test files are licensed under Mozilla-sample-code.

The most problematic files are in xpcom/reflect/xptcall/src/md/unix.
This directory contains assembler code for xpcom on several platforms.
While a lot of these files are not of any use for us (irix, vms...) some
are indeed used:
xptcinvoke_asm_ppc_linux.s, xptcstubs_asm_ppc_linux.s and
xptcinvoke_asm_sparc_linux.s are NPL only ;
xptcinvoke_asm_mips.s is MPL.

I'm going to contact Gerv about that.

Mike