Re: cdrtools

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 12:47:32AM -0400, Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org> wrote:
> * Matthew Garrett (mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk) wrote:
> > Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Just to point out that as of Firefox/Thunderbird 2 the entire codebase
> > > is triple licensed under the MPL, GPL and LGPL and any objection to
> > > the MPL as far as Mozilla is concerned is fairly academic at this
> > > point.
> >
> > Seriously? That's absolutely great. Is there any sort of announcement of
> > this anywhere?
>
> Seriously:
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/gerv/archives/2006/03/relicensing_complete.html.

Actually, only the trunk has the relicensing complete, and the trunk is
Firefox 3. Firefox 2 will still be in the same state as previous
releases, but we know most of its code is available in upstream cvs in a
really triple licensed form.

> I'm hoping to have Firefox 2.0 part of etch, but with the aggressive
> release schedule it may not happen.

I'm hoping to have Firefox 2.0beta1 uploadable to experimental somewhat soon.
Firefox 2.0 final itself is supposed to be released in august (but more
likley in september)

It might not be impossible to have it in etch (and would be preferable,
since upstream will stop support of Firefox 2 6 months after release
of Firefox 3, which is itself due Q1 2007).

Mike