Re: Broken applications: Could we be honest?

Le Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 10:09:56AM -0600, Art Edwards a écrit :

> It would be very nice if you, and other distro's, were
> to put appropriate caveats on the websites, saying that 64-bit is really not
> ready for the prime-time desktop. That way, we could make better purchasing
> decisions.

Dear Art,

others already answered why such a caveat would be a very pessimistic
overstatement. I just would like to add that there is a mailing list for
the scientific communauty using and developping Debian, which can
provide insightful comments on the state of scientific computing in
Debian when you are preparing a purchase order.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-science/

"Discussion of issues relating to the use of Debian for science
research, including useful packages, particular problems faced by
scientists using Debian, how to make Debian more useful to scientists,
etc."

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy