Re: cdrtools

pe, 2006-07-07 kello 08:52 -0700, Erast Benson kirjoitti:
> On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 08:39 -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > No. The primary issue is that the mixture of a GPL+CDDL work creates a
> > work that cannot be distributed by anyone else but the copyright
> > holder.
>
> It seems to be an offtopic here, but could you please elaborate a little
> bit further, which particular statement of which license prevents it?

There were extensive discussion about this in November on debian-devel,
in the thread called "Debian based GNU/Solaris: pilot program", in which
Erast Benson also participated a lot. One article that seems pretty good
to me: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/11/msg00123.html

I suggest we not repeat this discussion. We're not breaking new ground
here, we're beating a dry, dark patch of ground where a long time ago
(or so the elders tell us) some people used to have a hobby of hitting a
horse carcass.

If you do insist on re-iterating this discussion *again*, please do it
elsewhere than debian-devel.

Thanks.

--
Policy is your friend. Trust the Policy. Love the Policy. Obey the
Policy.