Re: These new diffs are great, but...

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 02:28:49PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> Updating with pdiffs took one minute nine seconds while downloading a
> completely new set of list files took eight seconds.
>
> Test environment was quite unfair though (an old machine with an 1200
> MHz CPU and a single, slow disk on an 100 MBit link to a rather local
> mirror).

1200MHz is slow these days?  I ran this very test on Wednesday's
night, on a super-duper machine overclocked to whooping 120MHz.

But even though it was only ~10 diffs (installed from Sunday's d-i
daily), I have to concur with your results :p

And the installation isn't complete yet...

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be