Re: cdrtools

On Thursday 06 July 2006 21:26, Erast Benson wrote:

> > > No, depending on the outcome of the licensing issues, either the
> > > current maintainers still continue to maintain the package, or it has
> > > to be removed from Debian completely.
> >
> > IMHO we have to have a GPL'd package.
>
> Hopefully, this will never be a requirement. Many people just hate GPL
> and gives their preferences to an existing OSI-approved alternatives.

The requirement for main is to have a DFSG-compliant package (the license
either could be GPL, 3-clause BSD, Apache, MIT, Artistic, ...). That is DFSG
compliance what counts here, not just OSI approval. Please read that very
carefully: http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2006/07/msg00027.html

FWIW, statements like 'who hates what' are far from being serious. Counter
examples exists (search for 'star+openbsd' acceptance), but noone is
interested in yet another license war </over>

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB