Re: #195752: Can somebody mark this bug as grave or critical?

This one time, at band camp, Thomas Bushnell BSG said:
> martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:
>
> > also sprach Joe Smith <unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com> [2006.07.01.2110 +0200]:
> >> Actually I agree that critical is too high, grave might be reasonable, as
> >> it causes system downtime. (System downtime is something anybody running
> >> servers would agree is a very big problem).
> >
> > This discussion is about laptops, a minor details that somehow
> > didn't register with me. :)
>
> It is irrelevant what the hardware is.  A laptop is not necessarily
> being used as a mobile computer; there have been plenty of cases of
> people for whom the most convenient computer around to use as a server
> for some purpose happened to be a laptop.

It occurs to me that people who want servers to have their network
configurations automagically configured for them are just asking for
trouble.  If this was a problem with standard ifupdown for a server
interface, I would agree with you.  But autoconfiguration for network
interfaces when you expect to be able to reliably address them remotely
is, well, the only polite thing I can say is, odd.