Re: sim package naming

Le 03-07-2006, Alexander Petrov <zowers@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I maintain sim package - Simple Instant Messenger, http://sim-im.org/ .
> The package is compiled with kde libraries. Users demand to create one
> more binary package - compiled with qt only.
> I would like to use 'sim' package name for kde version and 'sim-qt'
> for qt-only version.
> Is it ok?

I am a newbie here, but I am just curious, why do there need to be two
different versions? Isn't a QT version enough? Also, if not, could the
QT version use dlopen() or some such to determine if the KDE libs are
present at runtime, and load them if they are?

Also, wouldn't it be less confusing if the packages were named sim-kde
and sim-qt?

Cheers,
Jason Spiro
jasonspiro4+news@gmail.com