Re: #195752: Can somebody mark this bug as grave or critical?

severity 195752 important
thanks

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 08:43:57PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>> But yeah, I'm not in an official position to say, but if this
>> isn't considered a "critical" or at least "grave" bug, then
>> I don't know what is.
> Agreed. I tried to ping the release team on IRC before, but they
> were all busy it seemed. So since changing severity isn't a final,
> irreversible action, I am just doing it.

I really can't get this to be critical in any way; it does not make the
entire system break (unless you count temporary loss of network access on a
laptop critical), it does not cause serious data loss (or really data loss at
all), and it does not introduce a security hole. I can't fit it into any of
the other categories on http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt either;
thus, I'm downgrading it to important. Sure, I agree it is a bad bug which
should be fixed, but critical? Not IMHO.

(In case of further disagreement, I'd leave it to the maintainer, who has the
final say pending the RMs' input, to decide the severity.)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/