Re: Debian mactel linux support?

"Junichi Uekawa" <dancer@netfort.gr.jp> wrote in message [🔎] 87irmjsd48.dancerj%dancer@netfort.gr.jp">news:[🔎] 87irmjsd48.dancerj%dancer@netfort.gr.jp...
> I don't quite grok how I can make erfit be the default bootloader
> without access to MacOSX command-line to 'bless', I hope I can find
> out as I delve deeper.

You can't. Intel Mac blessing is different to traditional HFS stuff -
it's not too difficult to do the blessing, but we have no way of
generating HFS+ filesystems without resorting to APSLed code and that
seems to be the only useful bootable format.

I thought EFI should work with FAT (I was surprised to see blessing
can be applied to HFS+ also), which is the first partition on the
internal disk.

I'm hoping that I can switch default boot through some kind of nvram
setting.

Worst case: You have to abuse the firmware update released to facilitate Boot camp, and have that boot normal lilo. Perhaps not as nice as having EFI boot a bootload, or running a bootloader as an EFI application, but
I think that is what most people are currently doing.

Disclamer: I have not used a Mac. Ever. I have no experience with EFI.