Re: new tar behavior and --wildcards

On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 07:02:15AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Debian still has to provide an upgrade path for users upgrading from Sarge.
> > We cannot blindly break users scripts.
>
> Here, the only way seems to be putting an entry in NEWS.Debian (for
> users script, ie things not under our control).

In addition, I would suggest we reinstate the previous behaviour, but
display a warning when wildcards are used but --wildcards is not set.
The warning would tell people about the migration and explains they must
fix their scripts to use --wildcards before upgrading to etch+1.

This way it is easy to find problematic scripts.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.