Re: *-doc package should not gzip PDF file

On Sun, Jun 25, 2006 at 08:30:34AM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:35:53 +0900
> Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> > * propose policy update proposal. (debian-policy)
>
> Ok, I'll bring it up here.
>
> > Unless someone do the first work, nothing will change.  It is
> > non-issue for me now (so I will not do it) but I have no reason to
> > object such an rational move.
>
> I have no idea how debhelper works. Are there anybody out there that
> can help with getting it to stop gzipping files in -doc?

I think I gave wrong impression to you.

"ANYBODY" does not work just because you said "right thing".

Please do not bring up in debian-policy without cordinated fix to
the issue.  Policy is not tool to force people.

We do not need arguments.

We need facts, action and technical solution.

Most of PDF.GZ are under me and tetex-doc people.  Once we find good
technical solution, we may do it without policy change.  See internal
compression discusion too.

Regards,

Osamu