Re: GCC 4.1 now the default GCC version for etch

Scripsit Falk Hueffner <falk@debian.org>
> Henning Makholm wrote:

>> Another related bug type that I found lurking in my packages when I
>> investigated the warnings in this list, is trying to format a size_t
>> value with a %u or %d format string, which will break if size_t is 64
>> bits (unless the actual number is small and it is the last argument
>> and the endianness of the architecture happens to match its stack
>> growth direction).

> Since any sane ABI pads arguments to word size, this is only a problem
> on big endian 64-bit architectures (that is, no current release
> architecture).

Hm, that makes sense. Perhaps I should back out my (clumsy) fixes for
it, then.

--
Henning Makholm                        "*Jeg* tænker *strax* på kirkemødet i
                     Konstantinopel i 381 e.Chr. om det arianske kætteri..."