Re: Non-DD's in debian-legal

"Ian Jackson" <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote in message [🔎] 17542.46572.711914.861159@davenant.relativity.greenend.org.uk">news:[🔎] 17542.46572.711914.861159@davenant.relativity.greenend.org.uk...
Jeremy Hankins writes ("Non-DD's in debian-legal"):
I'm not sure I understand this part, though.  Do you think that folks
like myself, who are not DD's, should not participate in the discussions
on d-l?

Actually, I think they should not participate, in general.

Um.. That is absurd. I participate some in D-legal, and IANADD.
Recently, most of my messages have been initial scans of a licence,
pointing out things that may be problematic, based on what I have seen previously,
as well as common sense. I believe I usually notice most (not all, but most)
potential problems in a licence, and try to add appropritae recommendations.

If such behavior is not helpful, I will stop, but I find it hard to belive that
what I described above is not helpful.

I suspect you are speaking more about the non-dd's who start 'software vs documentation', or 'softwave vs executables' style threads. I tend to stay out of those, as regardless of my feeling on the issues (I'm not even sure what they are), I'm pretty sure that Debian has decided that issue, and will not be changing it's mind in the near future.