Re: outdated changelog timestamps (was Re: Date and Upsteam-URL fields)

Adeodato Simó wrote:
> I've thought about this several times, and I think what'd make me happy
> would be, instead of this dist=UNRELEASED stuff to mark work in progress
> in VCS, something like:
>
>   package (1.1) unstable; urgency=low
>
>     [ Joe Random ]
>     * Foo.
>
>   -- UNRELEASED

This is very annoying when doing a test build, since it's not a valid
changelog format and so you have to fake up some release date (and
remember to undo it afterwards).

> Pity that dpkg-parsechangelog would choke on that, and also, I haven't
> heard anybody express discontent about this, so maybe I'm too picky,
> which makes me think that everybody is happy with using dist=UNRELEASED
> and updating the timestamp with each commit (or not doing, and risk
> forgetting to do so the last time before uploading).

It would be fairly easy to make dch only update the date when doing a
dch -r.

--
see shy jo