Re: severities of blocking bugs

This one time, at band camp, Thomas Bushnell BSG said:
> Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> writes:
>
> > Most maintainers are much more cooperative when you tag the bug as
> > +patch and say something like:
>
> How do you think I should have applied this advice in the case of bug
> #360851?

In the same way Martin and others handled 357057?  That's because
he wanted a compiler version transition, and he worked hard for it,
finding out all the problems and filing bugs with patches.  Does this
help answer your question?

> > As opposed to writing to demand that the maintainer spend their free
> > time to help you fix your problem !
>
> How does adjusting the severity of a bug report amount to a demand
> that the maintainer spend their free time to solve a problem?

When you make a wishlist bug RC, you are by definition forcing someone
else to spend time on it, either to fix it or play BTS ping pong with
you, since their package doesn't need to be kept out of the next stable
release over a wishlist bug.