Re: GBit performance problem with nfs client

* Gordon Grubert <grubert@physik.uni-greifswald.de> [060607 21:30]:
> The most interesting fact is, that I obtain about 10MB/s with
> my Debian client if I connect the file server to a 100MBit Port
> on the switch.

You might also want to try another GB switch to see if that has the same
problem. NFS seems to do quite funny things (perhaps some speed hacks
including partial packages) that seem to confuse some modern switches.
I suspect those are simply not tested with the more complex and a bit
old-fashined NFS. Some of the large Cisco switches for example thwart
NFS over 10MBit cards to a snail level where a mere old HUB with several
dozen clients or a little 5 port switch had no problems at all.
(In that case using 100MBit cards helped, and I'd be suprised if the
the GB ports had exactly the same problem, but perhaps they get confused
some similar problem).

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link