Re: GBit performance problem with nfs client

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:25:10PM +0200, Gordon Grubert wrote:
> Dear Debian developers,
>
> it seems that there is a little problem with the NFS client
> in Debian sarge. I hope this is the best place to post this
> problem. I have discussed this on
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-german/2006/06/msg00130.html
> before but no solution has been found.
>
> The situation:
> I have a file server running on Sarge AMD64 connected
> with a 1GBit interface to a GBit uplink off the switch.
> Do not think that this sounds like a common problem. It isn't!!!

Btw what switch do you have?

There is a known problem in HP switches where traffic from port operating at
Gigabit to port operating at 100 Mbps (or the other way) will be really slow..
20-30 Mbps max. Although sometimes the performance is ok.. mostly not.

The problem can be "fixed" by disabling QoS features in the switch..

-- Pasi

                                   ^
                                .     .
                                 Linux