Re: Non-DD's in debian-legal

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 12:18:04PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Jeremy Hankins writes ("Non-DD's in debian-legal"):
> > I'm not sure I understand this part, though.  Do you think that folks
> > like myself, who are not DD's, should not participate in the discussions
> > on d-l?
> Actually, I think they should not participate, in general.

(I'll presume people can read Ian's post for his reasoning, so that I
don't have to quote it)

Personally, I think non-DDs participating is great; the only problem
comes when that starts becoming a way for people who aren't members
of the project to block development; which can happen either by people
spending time arguing with non-DDs unnecessarily or by people thinking
that people speak for the project when disagreeing, though they don't.

Avoiding that is a challenge, but an easy first step is just to say
something when people might mistakenly think someone who's not a DD is
speaking for the project.

Cheers,
aj