One can not guess if somebody is willing to accept private mails or not...

Le Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:32:36PM +0100, Matthew Garrett a écrit :
> Bill Allombert <ballombe@master.debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Given the above link point to your post, you can only blame yourself for
> > its content.
>
> It's not strictly necessary to bitch about Anthony's actions at every
> opportunity. If you disagree with his course of actions, perhaps
> dropping him a private mail discussing your concerns would work better?

(IANDD)

Hi Matthew and Bill

Just dont: Anthony Towns seems to find such private mails much more
disturbing than public criticisms.

In the early 2006, I complained privately about the sarcastic tone of
one of the answers he made to me on -devel, and I guess that I hurted
him more strongly than if I had done this publicly, because I received
insults on his blog in return.

(However, I think that the signal-noise ratio on -devel could be
strongly raised if at least part of the discussions would be conduced in
private with the people who have no objection against it.)

Have a nice day,

(and please answer privately, of course)

--
Charles Plessy
Wako, Saitama, Japan