Re: Non-DD's in debian-legal

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org>
> It has happened in the past that the DPL asked a DD and a NM to make
> together a team to deal with a problematic license and to give together
> official Debian statements. [...]

Whatever happened to that?  July's coming, bringing a new FDL draft,
if the news reports (and my memory) are accurate.

There is also the delegation to a DD who assembled a team of DDs to
work on another group of problematic licences.  Sadly, one of those
DDs resigned from the project during the delegation.  I doubt that the
constant abuse directed at DDs who help answer debian-legal helped,
but I don't claim any insight into his resignation.

It would be nice if all contributors actually tried to stick to our
lists code of conduct and the constitution and those documents were
actually supported in a transparent consistent manner, but most DDs seem
happy to wallow in the brown stuff and sling it around liberally,
including the recent unnecessary "URNADD" posting rash.
--
MJR/slef