Re: Non-DD's in debian-legal

George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

> I do not believe that it is feasible/useful/possible to clarify every single
> statement whether stated by an official DD ... It is addressee job to check
> that out if they are interested in. If the addressee is not capable to check
> official db.debian.org or to ask the sender to confirm that statement with
> gpg signed message and to compare that against the official debian-keyring
> then he (addresee) will ask for help.

The context is a representative of Sun emailing debian-legal, and
someone appearing to speak on behalf of Debian emailing him back. The
DPL chose to clarify that Walter was not in a position to speak on
behalf of Debian, presumably because he felt that there had been
potential for confusion. Does that seem unreasonable?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org