Re: Sun Java available from non-free

#include <hallo.h>
* Andrew Donnellan [Mon, Jun 05 2006, 07:13:29AM]:

> >No. The conclusion is that sane Debian developers do recognize the
> >problem and prepare an effective solution for it in silence. In
> >the meantime wanna-be developers are allowed to troll on debian-devel
> >list. They should just not be able to appear as beeing competent or even
> >be in charge, which has been prevented by the DPL.
>
> What is wrong with not being a DD? I'm not one, I'm not in NM, I don't
> maintain any packages, I just care about free software and Debian in
> particular.

Phrased after a famous german comedian: Democracy means, you are allowed
to have an opinion on everything. You do not have to. Especially some
people should learn a simple fact: if you do not have anything new to
say, just STFU.

> Debian is supposed to be *open* and *transparent*. Telling off users
> because their opinion doesn't matter is just stupid. What Mike said is
> completely relevant, and IMHO correct.

Yes. Should 100 people appear now and say the same things again, and
again, and again? WE GOT IT. WE DO NOT NEED TO READ IT AGAIN.

We are not through with this issue, and it will be solved in the near
future. Just stop chewing the same arguments, let the people do their
work. And do not try to polarize the discussion with another "summary of
facts, yeah, I could contribute to this discussion somehow so I rock".

Eduard.