Re: Sun Java available from non-free

Le dimanche 04 juin 2006 à 17:50 +0600, Christian Perrier a écrit :
> And isn't another "small cabal" of freeness junkies, who cannot accept
> that it is actually possible to work with commercial vendors to assist
> them in their way to free software, doing exactly the opposite by
> playing words with legal issues ?

By talking of freeness, you are completely ignoring the whole
discussion. This is not a freeness issue, this is a distributability
issue. And even more than that, this is an internal political issue.

> I see this Java issue from very far and by overreading most of the
> thread but it is turning absolutely crazy and out of the reality.

People are overreacting mostly because of the way things have been done.
Had the normal procedure been followed, and had this premature press
release not been released, the whole affair would have been confined to
a thread on debian-legal. Packages with questionable license terms, even
in main? People on debian-legal find some of them in the archive each
month. Does it generate so much fuss?

> This is not my Debian and this is not the Debian that drove me so far
> from my home to talk about Free Software to people who are currently
> trying to get their language and culture supported by computers.

Come on, you're a grown-up, you don't have to try to play with people's
feelings. Please get out of this teletubby outfit and stick to the
facts.