Re: Software Patents: Was: Re: Re: Is anyone packaging `lame' ?

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 05:23:51PM +0200, Cesare Leonardi wrote:
> I am for the radical way, to keep Debian completely free, libre.

If I'm understanding you correctly on this (i.e. remove from Debian
every software which has parts covered by software patents), this is
a complete nonsense. It will require removing basically *everything*
from Debian and will give people the power of vetting out from Debian
software only by depositing (uhm, not sure which is the English verb
corresponding to the "creation" of a new patent) a new software patent.

Cheers.