Re: Renaming a package

Hi Daniel,

[...]
> I did that once in 2003 for dx but hit a different bug then: dpkg would
> try to configure oldpkg when it had disappeared already. It worked fine

thats also my experience with current dpkg unstable. See my reply in
the this thread some postings above. The strange thing is that it
seemed to work properly on my amd64 box, but it failed on my i386
one. Maybe my testcase on amd64 yesterday was wrong, I will retry
it this evening.

> with a patch to dpkg that went into the sarge version, but I haven't
> tested it since then. I'll give it another try to be sure.

If you want to try my packages: its crossvc, the package
is at http://littletux.homelinux.org/debian/pool/non-free/c/crossvc/

deb http://littletux.homelinux.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

Best Regards,

	Andreas