Re: bits from the release team: release goals, python, X.org, amd64, timeline

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 02:27:07AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Well, the stats have continued dropping since then, now down by about 1.5%
> in less than a week.

And up again, by about .5%, today.

> The last such dip on the graph seems to have taken about a month to
> recover from,

20 days, actually; and it really recovered in two days, if you look at
the graph.

> so I'm not sure it's accurate to say m68k is currently
> keeping up with the load?  Then again, the last such period shows
> similar dips for most other archs, so perhaps this wouldn't be an
> issue at all if m68k weren't so close to the redline in the first
> place.
>
> So I guess if the current dip doesn't look out of the ordinary to any of the
> porters, we can wait and see.

Currently, I'm suspecting a pre-freeze upload frenzy, since there's a
dip for almost every architecture (though most other architectures
recovered within one day). I'm not aware of any useful statistics about
source uploads, though (http://ftp-master.debian.org/size-quarter.png is
too convoluted to draw any serious conclusions from), so it's hard to be
sure.

--
Fun will now commence