Re: LSB init scripts and multiple lines of output

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 02:36:15AM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Adam Borowski wrote:
> >   The friend muttered something about Ubuntu being as flaky as
> >   Windows, then rebooted and started the installation anew...
>
> This is not an Ubuntu mailing list. It's pretty annoying to require all
> us d-i developers to get this far down in the mail before we realize
> that the problems you are describing are (probably) not d-i problems.

My sincere apologies.  For my defense, I was ranting about "why
hiding error messages is unacceptable" not about "the installation is
bad", but certainly mentioning just "a certain brand new Debian-like
distribution" wasn't clear enough.

And I still haven't completed the report I once promised on the
behavior of d-i on low-end 486 with various amounts of memory...

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be