Re: LSB init scripts and multiple lines of output

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2006.06.01.2122 +0200]:
> > Starting RAID device md0 ... 3 drives, done
> > Starting RAID device md1 ... 3 drives, done
> > Starting RAID device md2 ... 2/3 drives, degraded
> > Starting RAID device md3 ... 1/3 drives, failed
> > Starting RAID device md4 ... 3 drives, done
>
> What do people think about that?
>
> The only problem is that I start them all at once, then parse the
> output. So the above is not really true.

"not true" means that I am not "starting" md1 after md0 has started
successfully.

Right now, the script does this:

Stopping RAID devices... md6 busy; md5 busy; md3 busy; md2 busy; md0
busy; md1 busy; failed (6 busy, 1 stopped).
Starting RAID devices... md0 running; md1 running; md2 running; md3
running; md4 started (3/3); md5 running; md6 running; done (6
running, 1 started, 0 failed).

Which do people prefer? Btw: I cannot yet log which ones have been
stopped, there's no easy way to find out with only POSIX and without
/usr/bin/*.

`. `'`

what do you mean, it's not packaged in debian?