Re: [Debconf-discuss] list of valid documents for KSPs

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 08:50:41AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On 30 May 2006, Wouter Verhelst stated:
[...]
> > However, "trusted processes" do not lie with people who are trying
> > to convince you of their identity. If you trust anyone to tell the
> > truth about their identity, which is what your argument implies,
> > then you have processes that are anything but trusted. It is you who
> > would seem to have to be educated about what "trusted processes"
> > actually means, not me.
>
>         Fine. I'll see if I can procure a sample identity card from my
>  friends at work  and see if you can spot the difference.  I am
>  willing to bet about a thousand euros that you would not be able to
>  spot the fake.

Given how the exchange is preannounced, I might be willing to take that
bet ;-)

>  The only thing keeping you on your high horse about people in the
>  community being trustable is htat you apparently have never seen how
>  good fake documents can be.

I am fully aware that fake documents can be very good. However, your
example does not involve any fake document, only dishonesty.  A document
that belongs to a different person does not make a fake document.

--
Fun will now commence