Re: [Debconf-discuss] list of valid documents for KSPs

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 09:22:10PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>
> >         Once he has broken faith, nothing coming from that source can
> >  be accepted, since the source is now tainted.  Any information flow
> >  with that origination is tainted, and since you offer the same
> >  statements, without any form of untainting that is visible, I think
> >  you are rapidly approaching the untrusted relay category.
>
> What I don't see is what exactly the scam *was*.
>
> It seems to me that you are saying that presenting an ID which should
> *scream* to anyone paying the least attention "this is not a
> government ID", has, ipso facto, lied.
>
> But no, they haven't.  They haven't forged, or been dishonest.

In fact (as I understand it) Martin willingly showed his real ID to
anyone who didn't accept his Transnational Republic ID.  That doesn't
sound all that dishonest to me - surely if the intent was to deceive he
wouldn't have shown any real ID?

    bma

--
Benjamin A'Lee - <http://bmalee.eu/~bma/>