Re: [Debconf-discuss] list of valid documents for KSPs

On 28 May 2006, Thomas Bushnell verbalised:

> Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> writes:
>
>> I see you have never been in a large key signing party.  There is a
>> certain expectation of trust, since no one can actrually detect
>> delibrate forgeries.
>
> Except that there was nothing forged about Martin's ID card, as it
> has been reported.  It was exactly what it claimed to be, nothing
> more and nothing less.
>
>> If people start bringing in forged documents, no amount of caution
>> on part of laypeople like most software developers is proof against
>> such deception.  If such deception is accepted behaviour, we may as
>> well throw out thetrust metric, and let /. upload packages into
>> Debian.
>
> This may be true, except that *the document was not forged*.

        So you continue to claim.   And since you make statements like
 this with no discernible means of you having verified them, I do not
 see how discussion with you has any value whatsoever -- you'll make
 any statements to back your position, whether or not you know them to
 be true.

        manoj
--
The happiest time of a person's life is after his first
divorce. J.K. Galbraith