Re: [Debconf-discuss] Re: Please revoke your signatures from Martin Kraff's keys

On Friday 26 May 2006 15:20, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 05:45:42PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> >> On Thursday 25 May 2006 15:26, Mike Hommey wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > [0] As long as he doesn't go and vote too, since the people in the voting
> > table would notice that he has voted twice and probably would have to
> > reject the whole voting box of that table (as they would be unable to
> > find and remove the previous voters' vote).
>
> Well that's an interesting way to cook an election...

Method not viable in all jurisdictions.  If you've ever wondered why Oregon
takes almost as long as Florida to certify national election results, it's
not because we can't count or we've had a blatant attempt at voter's fraud,
it's because elections is busy checking signatures on ballot envelopes.

Oregon abolished the voting booth in 2000:  "Election Day" is actually the
last election day of six consecutive weeks we can vote (beat that and your
wussy six hours, America!), and we vote at home.  You have your option of
mailing or handing in your ballot to county elections.  Oregon residents that
will be outside the state of Oregon on the last day of the election are the
only people eligible to register absentee because of this (this is a good
thing, since it improves voter turnout and more votes count initially,
whereas absentee ballots in all 50 states never get opened unless there's a
tie).

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber