Re: Sun Java available from non-free

Le dimanche 21 mai 2006 à 17:03 -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> > This is the whole point of the discussion.
>
> Not that I can see.  Your preceding post focused on the *who* and the *how*
> of the decision, *not* on the what.

This is all entangled. Had this decision been taken in a transparent way
and respecting the way the project works, I would have respected it.

> Er, of course we all might be affected by it, but the ftpmasters would be
> affected *way* more by getting sued than *we* would be affected by their
> getting sued, so I think it's ridiculously presumptuous to criticize the
> ftpmasters for lack of transparency here instead of trying to support them
> to make good decisions.

Support them for what? Michael already answered to this question.

> No, I'm acknowledging that the ftpmasters have no obligation to do as *you*
> say.  The ftp-masters aren't the ones trying to tell other people what to do
> in this thread.

They are the ones to tell other people what to do in general. They are
the ones rejecting new maintainers or new packages for frivolous
reasons. They are the ones preventing me from working on GNOME 2.14
because packages are stuck in NEW. They are generally considering the
rest of developers like a boss with his employees.