Re: Sun Java available from non-free

Le dimanche 21 mai 2006 à 22:38 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst a écrit :
> Given this legal background of yours, could you please help by using that
> to improve the licence, instead of just complaining about how others
> handled it? Please give the right example.

I'm afraid I have more interesting things to do than helping non-free
software developers to get their non-free crap in the non-free archive.

I don't feel like I have to justify myself, and I also think my work at
Debconf has been more productive and more of a right example than that
of people interested in Sun-related PRs.

If Sun doesn't fix the license (and I don't think it is our work to fix
their license), we should simply remove the Sun software from non-free.
Well, I say "we", but in fact I should say "they", because only a small
number of persons in the project have the power to do that.

By the way, they also have the power to accept GNOME 2.14 in main. Don't
you think that would have been more productive than accepting the Sun
JVM?