Re: RFC: Better portability for package maintainers

Alex Ross <alexross@gnusolaris.org> writes:

> Minimally, package maintainers and developers could take a look on our
> logs and see if there's anything wrong. If there is, in many cases the
> fix is obvious.

You probably need to provide a view by maintainer in order to get
visibility to many developers.  Typing all of one's packages in one after
another gets rather boring.

An interface like, say:

    <http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?email=rra%40debian.org>

would be nice.

> Ideally though, there'd be an augmented policy of package acceptance,
> reflecting the fact that the packages with "Architecture: any" should
> build and run on one of the Debian POSIX-compliant systems. NexentaOS is
> certainly one such system. To help implement this new policy we could
> "plug" our AutoBuilder [1] into the existing build environment.

I have no personal interest in ensuring my packages build on Solaris and
am not going to proactively work on this, but as with any other niche
platform, well-formed, minimal patches are gratefully accepted and will be
applied for the next upload.  (This would change were this platform
accepted as an officially supported Debian release platform.)